iMac 24" with Windows 7 x64?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by void.pointer, Mar 8, 2010.

1. void.pointer macrumors newbie

I think I have a 24" iMac, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm just guessing by the screen size.

I realize the 24" iMac isn't on the list of compatible systems for Windows 7, but I'm just wondering if I can get some drivers to work?

Right now my monitor driver says "Generic PnP Device". When I put in the Snow Leopard CD into Windows, it says "Boot Camp x64 is unsupported on this computer model".

What can I do? Windows 7 x64 Ultimate installed just fine and I am in fact using it to post this thread. Really the only issue at this point is drivers. If I could figure out the exact hardware models of all the components in this mac I might be able to hunt down the individual drivers for them, if Apple doesn't provide Boot Camp support.

Thanks in advance.

2. void.pointer thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, unfortunately it says that my display is an 'iMac', which doesn't help very much. Am I completely doomed? Can I not find display drivers for my iMac on Windows 7 x64? I'm stuck with silly VGA resolutions. My display is capable of 1920x1200, but Windows 7 does not allow me to set it to that.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

U need to run the bootcamp64 file inside the Apple folder on the Snow Leo DVD.

This will install a BootCamp Manager along with a bunch a drivers and the graphics driver is one of them.

Attached Files:

4. void.pointer thread starter macrumors newbie

This worked perfectly! Thank you.