Imac 27 2011 users with Apple 27 Cinema LED ?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by CHSeifert, Jun 10, 2011.

1. CHSeifert, Jun 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2011

CHSeifert macrumors 6502

CHSeifert

I have a pending order for an imac 27 with an external Apple 27" Cinema LED display and heard of 'wake up' issues with the new Thunderbolt ports in conjunction with non Thunderbolt devices, like the 'old' Apple 27" Cinema LED display.

Has anyone encountered problems when hooking this monitor up via thunderbolt to the 2011 iMac 27 ?

2. hhaydenn macrumors regular

Yes I have has this issue, but it's not that bad really. Just sometimes you have to wait a sec or to before screen saver stops, sometimes the screen saver wont go away after you move the mouse or whatever, if that happens just click around a bit. only happens sometimes though so dw.

3. CHSeifert, Jun 11, 2011

CHSeifert thread starter macrumors 6502

CHSeifert

Thx

4. likegadgets macrumors 6502

I have a 2011 iMac 27" and a current 27" LED Cinema Display with no issues whatsoever

5. iamthedudeman macrumors 65816

This has nothing to do with a 'external" monitor waking from sleep. Fixes a imac waking from sleep issue.

With a Apple Cinema Display you will be okay. The problem arises with third party screens via thunderbolt port and adapter. It is a known issue and Apple engineers are working on the problem. You should be okay since you have a ACD.

6. CHSeifert, Jun 12, 2011

CHSeifert thread starter macrumors 6502

CHSeifert

Oki - so do you use the ACD 27 or your iMac 27 as main screen ?

Heard the ACD led 27 is cooler and more precise in colors, so I might end up using that as my main screen unless the dual monitor setup forces me to 'prefer' the iMac 27 as main screen......

Thanks for that info :)