iMac 27+ 24acd brightness not working

BigJohno

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
San Francisco
So I have a late 09 i7 iMac hooked to a 24 acd and when I turn the brightness down on the iMac it doesn't effect the 24. How can I make the two monitors brightness be synced. Any help is appreciated.

I have tried unplugging the 24 and plugging the usb in as well. Still nothing. I am running the gm of lion as well but I also had this issue in snow leopard.

BigJohno

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
San Francisco
Still cannot figure it out. I downloaded this program called shades or something and that still didn't fix my problem.

jfisk87

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2009
I never had any luck with that. I also have a 27" imac and a 24 acd. Curious, did you use a hardware calibrator for the 2 displays? The 24" acd has slightly warmer colors and im trying to find a color profile for the 2 screens.

BigJohno

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
San Francisco
I never had any luck with that. I also have a 27" imac and a 24 acd. Curious, did you use a hardware calibrator for the 2 displays? The 24" acd has slightly warmer colors and im trying to find a color profile for the 2 screens.
My second display is also a little warmer than my 27. Are you talking about a color calibrator? I have read that you cannot contol the brightness unless you have mirror enabled but I cant do that because of the different screen sizes.