Price Advice iMac 27" 3.4 GHz i7

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MadMitch89, Apr 5, 2012.

1. MadMitch89 macrumors regular

Hi guys, looking to sell my current iMac in preparation for the upcoming update. I live in Australia and paid ~$2700 for my iMac:
    - 27"
    - 3.4 GHz i7
    - 8 Gb RAM
    - 1 Tb HDD
    - Thunderbolt connectivity
    - Magic mouse + Magic trackpad
    - Applecare until November 2013

Any idea what I should put on this machine for sale? Ball-park figures would be appreciated. At a minimum I'd like between AUD$1800-2000, but this could be wishful thinking...

2. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Either you're mistaken AppleCare with regular warranty, or simply mistype AppleCare expiration date. Supposedly you buy the iMac on November 2011, the regular warranty will be expired on November 2012, or if you get the AppleCare, it would be expired at November 2014.

But about your question, I would sell the iMac for minimum US$2000 and won't settle for anything less, heck I would even offer it at US$2250. It's a custom specced 27" iMac with i7, then you get both Magic TrackPad and Magic Mouse, upgraded the RAM (you did it by yourself, right?) plus you get the AppleCare, that's a lot of bargaining power, don't settle for less!!

3. MadMitch89 thread starter macrumors regular

My apologies, 2014 for apple care and yes I did upgrade the RAM myself. Thanks for your input. Much appreciated. If I got $2200 I'd be over the moon.

4. MacVibe macrumors regular

In US $, the Apple store has a refurb i7 for $1869. That is probably about the right price for yours considering it has extra warranty left, but isn't a direct from Apple refurb. The extra ram isn't worth much considering how cheap it is, it might help sell it quicker, but not bump up the price.

5. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

In Australia, a refurbished 3.4GHz i7 27" iMac costs significantly higher. Check

It comes with all standard peripheral, no perks, extra RAM, Magic TrackPad or even AppleCare. Plus refurbished items are lottery, you don't find 3.4GHz i7 iMac sitting everyday there once it sold. So, go for it. Don't sell any less than US$2000, ever.