iMac 27" arrived this morning but has dead screen!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by yearofshnitzel, Feb 12, 2013.

1. yearofshnitzel, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013

yearofshnitzel macrumors newbie

Turns out I got one of the friday afternoon models... I turn it on and hear the startup sound but then the screen turns to this and goes blank. Apple have already arranged to have a replacement sent. *sigh*

After the long wait I hope no one else experiences the same issue.

[​IMG]

2. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

Sorry to hear. It has nothing to do with shipment right. Mishandled?

I don't think I can wait 3-4 weeks again. I haven't checked but I hope Apple Stores have Fusion Drives for easy exchanges.

My 27" is in Ontario. Mount Hope.

3. pete78 macrumors member

That sucks. My iMac arrived with a dead HD. I was forced to return the iMac with my local Apple store even though I purchased online. Because the Apple store is in control and contact with Apple return people, I am completely in the dark as to when I will be getting the new machine (no tracking number, no confirmation number). In short, I hope you have better luck than I do. I have a dead maxed out iMac and no idea when I'm getting a working one.

4. yearofshnitzel thread starter macrumors newbie

I just rang Apple support directly and they said "...oh no you've got a dead on arrival..." and just automatically switched me to someone in the orders department that resolved everything and gave me £80 refund. It may be because in the UK at least when buying online the retailer has to cover return costs.

5. pete78 macrumors member

Nice. Hopefully you get the new machine soon!