iMac 27 - as tv/Xbox display

Discussion in 'iMac' started by oozeymc, Sep 12, 2010.

1. oozeymc macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to this place so please be gentle! I have been thoroughly through a search of the forum and can't find the answer to the following:

My laptop is broken and I'm thinking of purchasing an iMac. I want to use it as a bedroom tv and a display for my Xbox. I understand that this is possible with a Belkin adapter.

I wanted to know how practical an iMac is to use as a tv? Has anyone got experience? Is it possible to change channels etc via a remote? I understand you can put it to sleep via the Apple remote.

Which is the best tv adapter to use - has anyone got any suggestions?

Apologies if this is a bit vague, I'm fairly new to the game and am hoping to consolidate two systems within one.

Any help you can offer would be much appreciated.

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

All EyeTVs except DTT and Netstream DTT come with an infrared remote controller and the Apple Remote can be used as well.

4. oozeymc thread starter macrumors newbie

Cheers guys. Very helpful. I also meant to ask what is the 27's sound like? Is it good enough for a television? I'm not expecting anything fantastic - indeed my brand new 22inch LCD tv is far from great sound-wise. Is it on a par with that - or better?

5. Evo-L macrumors member

Well we of course have no idea how your 22" LCD sounds now so we cant compare, but I know my iMac sounds really good for a computer. All of my iTunes songs are clear and get quite loud.

6. oozeymc thread starter macrumors newbie

That's just what I wanted to hear. 22inch tvs all sound fairly similar really - quite boxy sound. I imagine the iMac will be an improvement.