iMac 27" Dead ?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Maziar, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Maziar macrumors 6502

Hey all
    One of my friends bought an iMac about 3 months ago and it was working fine until last night.
    The thing is that when he turns it on,the fans spin but there is nothing on the display.
    Is there anything we could do or should we just send it back to Apple ?
    The specs are
    i7 750
    1TB HDD
    HD 4850
    4GB RAM

Thanks

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

If you don't get any display at all, then yes, bring it in to the store.

3. HacKage macrumors regular

As above, if it isn't showing anything at all, best bet is just fire it into the genius bar.

4. flipster macrumors 6502a

Agreed with the above two posters.

Even if your unsure, take it in and have them take a look -- could solve all your problems ;)

5. iSayuSay, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011

iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

I like your signature quotes, just like what iMac does

It's simple n all in one, but i really discouraged from buying iMac. There's a lot of probs on imac i've seen on this subforum.

Honestly i've had bad experiences with lcd screens too. My lcd hdtv only last 2years while my plasma has been fine for 5 years

I bet there' still a lot of 1st gen iMac (the one from 1998 with colorful case and 15" crt) which still usable today, compared to sleek newer iMac which use lcd screens

Now imac is too simple so they can fit a whole pc into the back of lcd screen. Damn i hate lcd,
    they should go for oled display

It's like people say i guess: they dont make it like they used to anymore

6. flipster macrumors 6502a

Same here, although the new ones are LED backlit so that eliminates most backlighting issues. IMO, Apple has it's own "LED Cinema Display" with the same resolution and size as the iMac screen, BUT, the iMac screen is produced by a different carrier... Strange? Yes.

**** happens, and your going to get problems if you look for them. No computer is perfect(although my iMac is pretty close to that!!), so just enjoy it while you can. The iMac really is a beautiful computer, and no other company has ever successfully matched Apple's design schemes.