Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katinadee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
I'm a converted PC user, i just got a imac 27" (LOVE IT) a few days ago, for christmas, so i'm new to the world of mac.
when i run my mouse over the dashboard none of the applications raise like they do in this video (http://www.apple.com/findouthow/mac/#anatomy). it's a little thing, but i was wondering if there is a setting that i can change to make them raise when the mouse is over them, or if this is no longer possible due to updates? or maybe this is only available on the laptops?
i know its a silly little superficial thing, but just the fact that i can't find the option in the settings is really annoying me.
any answers would be much appreciated :) thanks.

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
I'm a converted PC user, i just got a imac 27" (LOVE IT) a few days ago, for christmas, so i'm new to the world of mac.
when i run my mouse over the dashboard none of the applications raise like they do in this video (http://www.apple.com/findouthow/mac/#anatomy). it's a little thing, but i was wondering if there is a setting that i can change to make them raise when the mouse is over them, or if this is no longer possible due to updates? or maybe this is only available on the laptops?
i know its a silly little superficial thing, but just the fact that i can't find the option in the settings is really annoying me.
any answers would be much appreciated :) thanks.

Go to the "Apple" in the top left corner of the screen, then "Dock" then "Turn Magnification On." You can set the amount via "Preferences." Congrats on the Mac!

katinadee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Go to the "Apple" in the top left corner of the screen, then "Dock" then "Turn Magnification On." You can set the amount via "Preferences." Congrats on the Mac!

thanks so much :D
i feel like such an idiot for not seeing that before. Thanks again :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.