Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bettz1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
Leicester,UK
Hi all I've had my iMac for about 2-3 weeks now and alls been well until tonight whilst shutting it down I noticed a white mark in the middle of my screen.At first I thought it was dust so i got my cloth out that came with my Mac and gave it a wipe, but it was still there.I've run a pixel test just to make sure but the pixels are fine. I can't make out if it's dust or a scratch although nothings touched my screen and it doesn't feel like a scratch when I run my finger over the screen. The only thing I've done last week was upgrade the ram to 8gb.I've uploaded 2 pics I think I'm going to book a genius appointment for the weekend Will this be a easy fix on the spot?

Attachments

• 63d168d9.jpg
    63d168d9.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 131
  • f1306e96.jpg
    f1306e96.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 110

SawceBaws

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2011
It's under the screen, so it's gunna take 2-3 days. Make sure you don't have a recalled seagate drive, because if you do tell them to replace that as well ^_^

Bettz1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
Leicester,UK
It's under the screen, so it's gunna take 2-3 days. Make sure you don't have a recalled seagate drive, because if you do tell them to replace that as well ^_^

Managed to lift the screen with a suction cup and gave it a quick wipe all sorted. I best check the serial of my iMac to see if my drives affected thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.