imac 27" DVD issue

Discussion in 'iMac' started by drolespille, Jan 7, 2011.

1. drolespille macrumors newbie

I've had this imac 27" i5 for just about a month now and I've been able to both play and write CDs and DVDs just fine; until now. About two days ago I found this thing called ilife in my bag o stuff that they handed me at the apple store and figured i should install it. So i threw it in and let it do its thing. Once I was finished I went to put in a DVD from my new boxed set of one of my favorite TV shows (a christmas gift). A boxed set that I had already watched the first two discs of on this very same computer.

It spun and spun, and then spun some more, and then spat the disc out. So I went looking for answers and found this: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=348900

No luck there.

So I go back and put in discs one and two from the boxed set, and of course they don't work either. I am, however, playing a CD in this machine as I type these words.

Any Ideas?

2. mad-jamie16 macrumors regular

Well it sounds like the problem may be iLife, so maybe uninstall it to see if it is the problem? And then you can work from there. If it is iLife or isn't iLife, then you can phone apple and see what to do next. I presume you still have the 90 days free telephone support?