Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fc0712

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
my imac is very slow it fells like it doesnt respond it takes about 25 sec to open a browser i got windows 7 on it is there a way to fix it or should i just remove win 7
ps: it is only slow in mac osx and not in windows 7

TMRaven

macrumors 68020
Nov 5, 2009
If you have an external storage drive, you can try backing your osx partition to it via time machine, then install you osx installation cd, erasing the osx partition, and then recovering your osx partition via time machine backup on your external disk.

Before you try that though, have you checked the activity monitor to see if there's any daemons that might be causing your osx to be considerably slowed down?

TMRaven

macrumors 68020
Nov 5, 2009
Only possible way I think that would happen is that if windows took up any bit of remaining hard drive space that you had. Other than that, the two are separate partitions, so they do very little to effect each other.

fc0712

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
what does happened with the thing i have on win 7 if i take backup with time machine

TMRaven

macrumors 68020
Nov 5, 2009
Windows 7 won't be effected by backing up osx and erasing osx to restore it from a time machine backup, if that was your question. It was kind of hard to understand.

fc0712

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
SO BACKUP IS JUST OSX but when i reinstall mac osx is the win 7 patrition not gone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.