iMac (27-inch Late 2009) not Boot

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Handyfreax, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Handyfreax macrumors newbie

Hello,
    and Welcome.
    i have an iMac (27-inch Late 2009) there not Boot.
    i have become it why the Graphiccard not working.
    and now i have the same other card inserted.
    Now theiMac is not booting.
    2015-03-30 12.55.37.jpg
    its an external Screen.
    i not understand what is the problem in this maschine.
    Best
    Regards
    Daniel

2. Berlepsch macrumors 6502

Berlepsch

Is the screen turning black after this point, or does the Mac just hang at this point? In the first case, it might be that the graphics card switches to a mode that the monitor doesn't support.

You can try also to boot into the recovery system to see if that works.

3. pugxiwawa macrumors newbie

I have the exact same issue on my 2010 iMac right now. The boot screen is contantly stuck on 50% mark no matter what I do. I've tried everything, recovery mode, single user mode, safe mode, verbose mode, and even reset PRAM with 0 success. At this point I'm close to giving up and just getting ready to buy a new iMac. It's very frustrating because I know this iMac still got a few good years in it but I just couldn't get it to boot up...

Hope you have better luck.

4. Handyfreax thread starter macrumors newbie

i can installing new, are when i make an update the newstarting not working.
    after restarting, the mac is stuck 5-10 minutes and then i can working normaly.
    i not understand what is the problem.
    graphiccard is 100% ok

5. darknyt macrumors 6502a

I have a similar issue with a Mid-2007 2.8ghz iMac. I think it's the hard drive, it would not fully repair or verify.

It would hang at that screen and if it did boot to desktop, it had a dock, but no desktop icons or menu bar and unresponsive.

I finally got mine to boot into recovery mode and had to restore from a time machine backup and it seemed to work okay.

However, if I try to run iPhoto, it wants to rebuilt thumbnails and at some point it crashes and ends up showing me the folder with a ? mark.