iMac 27" late 2013 vs Mac mini with fusion drive and Apple screen?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by abley22, Nov 2, 2014.

1. abley22 macrumors member

Hi.

I cant figure out what i should buy.

iMac 27" me088 factory setup with 1gb video card, 8gb ram, i5 3.2ghz 1tb 7200 sata.

Mac mini late 2014 factory setup with i5 2.8ghz 8gb ram and fusion drive. Would maby buy Apple thunderbolt screen to use with this.

I using the computer to surf on Internett, play music, movie and wright littlebit documents and store pics.

The price would be almost the same of both computers, about 100-200 dollar more for the mini with thunderbolt screen.

What is your thoughts?

The only thing that make me unsure about the iMac is that we need to open the screen to get into the computer to change harddrive if that would broke or if i got screen issues i need to send it away, it is more options to repair the mini later?

Happy for reply :)

2. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

Get the 27'' iMac. The 2014 Mac mini isn't even quad core and the iMac should be much more powerful and an overall more pleasant experience.

3. inhalexhale1 macrumors 6502a

Agree 100%. Also, the screen on the new iMacs are much better than the previous model IMO.

4. abley22 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for advice, Im keeping the iMac with the 7200 hdd and it's still more powerfull than the mini with fusion drive?

I dont talking about iMac 5k, but the late 2013. Do you mean that the screen is good or do you though i ment the 2014 5k model?

5. inhalexhale1 macrumors 6502a

Yes, I meant the 2012 and new iMacs (not the retina). I've owned the TBD and the new iMac screens are much better.

I have a fusion drive in my iMac, and it's much faster than the standard HDD.