imac 27, make menu bar big?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by shiseido, Aug 19, 2010.

1. shiseido macrumors newbie

So I have had a chance to play with the iMac a bit. The 27 is big...in fact too big, hehe. Part of the problem is that things are really small. An important question I have, is there a way to make the menu bar bigger? The dock can change easily...but it would nice to make the menu big too.

Also, any suggestions of a good clock type gadget that could sit on my desktop? That would be nice too for the big iMac.

2. celticpride678

Nope, menu bar size can't be changed.

As for the clock, you could use Dashboard's clock widget and run a hack that will place Dashboard widgets on your desktop.

3. philipjj61 macrumors newbie

If you hold Command Option and scroll the wheel you get incremental zoom. Just got a 27" Quad and this is good for now. You need to make sure this hasn't been changed in system preferences/mouse settings for it to work, but a blessing, I also have centralize pointer activated which is a little tricky to operate but I'm sure if I can push my pet dinosaur out the way for long enough, I'll get used to it.
    Phil.

4. obsidian1200 macrumors 6502

obsidian1200

You can just change the resolution that's being displayed. As the resolution size decreases, the size of the graphics displayed increases. It won't look nearly as good as it does at its native resolution, but it will make the menu bar larger.