iMac 27'' mid 2011 watch TV

Discussion in 'iMac' started by thisisanacc, Jun 10, 2011.

1. thisisanacc macrumors newbie

I am now using a cable tv box ( dont know if it is the right name of it but I just pay monthly to the provider for certain channels) to watch some channels. The interface is as shown in the image below:
    [​IMG]

If I want to watch the channels provided by this box on the 27'' iMac, do I have to have a HDMI to Thunderbolt converter just as I had asked in another post, or there is other solutions? Does Slingbox or eyeTV help in this situation?

If yes, how is the connection?

(No Xbox or PS3 is required for me but just the TV service)

2. bossxii macrumors 68000

I use a Slingbox. No wires, works anywhere I want on multiple devicces, or any computer that can access the internet. While at home it streams very nice on my iMac via wifi.

3. thisisanacc thread starter macrumors newbie

So it works?

I know it works if I just plug the ‘TV signal' cable (dont know what the exact name of this cable) to the wall and use slingbox. However, I have to use the above TV cable box to watch some channels provided by a charged-channel company. I must connect the TV signal cable from the wall to this box and then this box to my computer via HDMI cable. Does it still work? How to connect with Slingbox?

Forgive my poor English and expression.