iMac "27 OS X 10.6.8 Ejecting Windows DVD

Discussion in 'iMac' started by LokkJaw, Nov 24, 2012.

1. LokkJaw macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I've been working at this problem for two nights now... I'm trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate on my 27" iMac. Currently, it has OS X 10.6.8. I have the same set up on my Macbook Pro. I used Bootcamp Assistant on the Macbook to easily install Windows. When I try and preform the same thing on the iMac, when promted to by Boot Camp Assistant, the Windows 7 DVD get ejected immidiately (after being spun and read for a few cycles). It does this even when boot camp assistant is not running... I know the drive is 100% fine as it reads DVDs with multiple data images on it, movies, pictures, etc. Also, I installed rEFit to see if I could get a direct boot prior to OS X opening up in-case there was a software issue leading to my problem - but unfortunately, since I dont have a directly connected keyboard, I cant "press any button to continue." I'm all out of ideas as to what could be causing this problem...

Thanks in advance,

Lokk

(P.S. I have posted this in the windows section of the forums as well, but have it here due to some more publicity as this is somewhat of a time sensitive manner.)

2. kgian macrumors regular

Are you trying to eject the DVD when you are inside windows? Please clarify.

3. LokkJaw thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I'm attempting to install Windows7! The iMac wont recognize either the 32-Bit or 64-Bit versions of Windows 7. I have done extensive searching and have only found a few similar cases - and even less, actually, no solutions.

4. kgian macrumors regular

Now I get it. Seems like there is an incompatibility between the drive and the specific disc. Does it happen also when you are inside OSX?

5. LokkJaw thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes - it simply doesn't read it. My MacBook pro can. I have already made an .iso on a separate DVD-RW as well to no avail.

6. kgian macrumors regular

So you are saying that when you insert your windows 7 dvd or any copy of it into the imac drive, the drive ejects the disc automatically. That happens whether you are booting the computer, or when you are allready booted in OSX. Is this correct?