iMac 27" Windows 7 Install continuously reboots

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by JasonR, Feb 19, 2011.

1. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

Ok I'm attempting to get Windows 7 to install on my 27" iMac. I did the fix for the drivers, successfully booted into windows 7 once, went to restart into Windows. When I boot into Windows 7, I get a black screen, then the iMac just continually reboots, and reboots, and reboots, until I hold alt to boot into OS X or until I turn the iMac off.

I googled and found no answers. Anyone know what might be happening?

2. revelated macrumors 6502a

revelated

Usually indicates a hardware problem - speaking strictly on the Windows side. Are you running greater than stock RAM?

3. JasonR thread starter macrumors 6502a

JasonR

I got it figured out...but I'm not sure how I fixed it. No...I'm running 4 GB of Ram but I'm thinking of upgrading to 8 in the not to distant future.

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

There was a known issue with the screen going black on install due to lack of drivers for the video card with the Windows 7 boot disk. The fix is found here.

5. JasonR thread starter macrumors 6502a

JasonR

Thanks...I already had that figured out because I was installing Win 7 a second time...but definitely helpful for anyone who stumbles across this thread. :)