iMac 27" Windows 7 problem, and graphics driver issues.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by camnick40, Jan 10, 2010.

1. camnick40 macrumors newbie

Hi, I've run into a few programs on my new 27" iMac.

This is my first mac so I'm a little unsure about this so hopefully you guys can help me.

So I bought a genuine copy of windows 7, and got the black screen upon installation. I did the DEL C:\windows\system32\drivers\ati*.sys and it fixed it and installed it. I started playing with the resolutions on Windows 7 and accidently deleted my ATI graphics drivers. I went and installed it off the website but it didnt seem to help anything.
    (I may have downloaded the wrong one)
    I started getting really confused and deleted the partition and planned on just remaking a new one and hoping it would fix everything, but then when i got to the part in the installation when I had to do the DEL C:\windows\system32\drivers\ati*.sys it said that the file couldnt be found....
    So im really stumped on what to do now.. :( HELP PLEASE.

The graphics card is a ATI RADEON HD 4670.

2. mas01 macrumors newbie

Hi there,

Try booting through "Safemode" by pressing the F8 or F9 key. Then download and install ATi MobilityModder from here: Click. Then Download the drivers normally from ATi website. Install it, then open ATi MobileModder and locate the program to the ATi Drivers installation directly which would be located at "C:\ATI\SUPPORT\9-11_vista32_dd_cc_wdm_enu" (Or whatever the driver installation folder was called), Patch the directory with ATi MobileModder and run the "Setup.exe".

Goodluck :rolleyes:

:apple: