iMac 27" Windows 7 problem, and graphics driver issues.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by camnick40, Jan 10, 2010.

1. camnick40 macrumors newbie

Jan 10, 2010
    Hi, I've run into a few programs on my new 27" iMac.

This is my first mac so I'm a little unsure about this so hopefully you guys can help me.

So I bought a genuine copy of windows 7, and got the black screen upon installation. I did the DEL C:\windows\system32\drivers\ati*.sys and it fixed it and installed it. I started playing with the resolutions on Windows 7 and accidently deleted my ATI graphics drivers. I went and installed it off the website but it didnt seem to help anything.
    (I may have downloaded the wrong one)
    I started getting really confused and deleted the partition and planned on just remaking a new one and hoping it would fix everything, but then when i got to the part in the installation when I had to do the DEL C:\windows\system32\drivers\ati*.sys it said that the file couldnt be found....
    So im really stumped on what to do now.. :( HELP PLEASE.

The graphics card is a ATI RADEON HD 4670.
  2. mas01 macrumors newbie

Jan 9, 2010
    Hi there,

Try booting through "Safemode" by pressing the F8 or F9 key. Then download and install ATi MobilityModder from here: Click. Then Download the drivers normally from ATi website. Install it, then open ATi MobileModder and locate the program to the ATi Drivers installation directly which would be located at "C:\ATI\SUPPORT\9-11_vista32_dd_cc_wdm_enu" (Or whatever the driver installation folder was called), Patch the directory with ATi MobileModder and run the "Setup.exe".

Goodluck :rolleyes: