Imac 27"

Discussion in 'iMac' started by illuz1on, Nov 21, 2011.

1. illuz1on macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm thinking of changing my macbook pro to a new iMac 27" and was wondering a few questions about it. I currently have the basic 13" macbook pro, and thought it could be a big upgrade for me since I don't really need a laptop anymore since I don't travel... So yeah the basic iMac has a AMD Radeon HD 6770M with 512MB in it and I was wondering if it would be able to run most games that are currently out. I know I won't be able to play the at max graphics but if I could run them without it lagging and looking bad thats all I need. I'll be playing games like WoW, CoD MWF3, battlefield3, GTA4-5. Any advice or anything to add that could help me thanks in advance!

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

You basically answered your own question. It'll run the games, just not on Ultra settings. It's a great machine. Hope you enjoy! :D

3. illuz1on thread starter macrumors newbie

I was looking at refurbished ones and there's one with ATI Radeon HD 5750 graphics with 1GB memory, how much better is that than the stock one on the 27" ?

4. dakhein macrumors member

Personal XP

I can only comment on WoW at native screen resolutions

Base 21" Mid 2011 (Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB) runs fine

BTO 27" Mid 2011 (Radeon HD 6950M 2GB) runs well too

I don't have personal experience with a 27" screen with the 6770 but most likely you can get it to work at a smooth point without losing too much quality. Adjust shadow quality and environment-view distance settings as necessary.

5. robbie12345 macrumors 6502

i wouldn't recommend it, the graphics card is mobile which means it is under clocked and not that great u would have trouble running games at 1080p which already do not look great on the beautiful display i went for the 2gb bro 6970 and have not been disappointed playing on all ultra settings at native resolution which looks great! though for the games you happened to mention are very big games and i doubt it would rtun well unless on 720p