iMac 27

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Delicor, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Delicor macrumors newbie

Ok so I bought a new iMac on Tuesday. I know the new one is suppose to come out soon but I couldn't wait any more. And I'm wondering I got the 27" iMac from best buy its graffix card is amd radeon hd 6770m 512mb gddr5 and I Wa wondering how good it is at gaming I don't plan on running games on ultra settings but med-high is good enough hopefully. And it has 4gb of ram but I was wondering whats the point of putting more ram ini it be what it would do for gameing.

2. johnydecali macrumors member

johnydecali

I'm not to familiar w/ computers but I do know that if you can have more ram, go for it!

More ram the better :D

What games are you planning to play on your Mac?

3. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

Not really that good at gaming. For gaming in a mobile graphics card you want the current ati 6990 or nvidia 580.

The current iMac card will be good for higher end old games but not higher end current games. The 6990 and 580 are good at higher end current games but will not be that good for higher end future games. That is the major suck point for mobile graphics cards. You will end up having to sacrifice some of the quality with a lower end setting.

4. Delicor thread starter macrumors newbie

That's ok I guess lower settings can't possibly look that ****** lol prob more noticeable but oh we'll I suppose I can't take it into apple either to have them put a better graffix card in it :/

----------

And for games just like wow and amnesia stuff like that or racing games

5. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

Ignorance is definitely bliss when it comes to graphics. With the current card you will be able to play the games at lower settings, but as soon as you see a system with a high end mobile card with maxed settings you will feel a little envy.

I have been there. You eventually accept that current hardware offerings are not the best but they are still pretty damn good.

6. Delicor thread starter macrumors newbie

Not to ignorant when it comes to it been playin with pc for years just not familiar with amd always used nvida GeForce line but this is my first Mac so just making sure I didn't screw myself which I more then likely did but from my research the new Mac isn't going to be that no of an improvement

7. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

As long as you enjoy your machine... in the end, that is all that matters.

8. Delicor thread starter macrumors newbie

True thanks for the help guys.. Was going to get a Mac mini but iMac looks better on my desk :p and the monitor I have for my tower pc is pretty craptaculer