iMac 27inch Carrying Case/Travel Case?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by rs14smith, Jan 8, 2010.

1. rs14smith macrumors regular

Hey, I was wondering if you all knew where I can find an affordable travel case for the 27inch iMac?

I saw one for $200 (http://www.powermax.com/parts/show/a-lta-90059) which was way over my budget, but really just curious with what some of you use and what's out there.

Thanks

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

The original box. iMacs aren't really designed with travel in mind, and large cases tend to be expensive.

3. rs14smith thread starter macrumors regular

Still curious again to what else others may recommend since I have seen a few cases out there. Thanks though.

4. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

This thing is so awkward. I can't imagine traveling with it even around my own house. A Mac Pro would be easier probably.

5. rs14smith thread starter macrumors regular

I'm in college, and have an apartment, but that is only temporary for when school is in session. So like other college students who are in my situation travel back and forth from home to school, so that's where this question comes up.

6. tigereat macrumors regular

I hear you. I'm a graduate student living in the university's apartment as well. I 'm using the original box to carry it back and forth. I feel just fine doing this.

Dont spend your money just for this.

PS. Does your room have a limited space like mine? I 'm living with other 3 roommates and my room is a liitle bit small. I need to rearrange everything in my room for this 27 iMac. Same problem? lol

7. rs14smith thread starter macrumors regular

Looks like that's what I'm going to be forced to do anyway, as the cases for this monster are like $200.00 and up.

"where did I put that iMac box..." :p

8. tigereat macrumors regular

Dont tell me........... :D