iMAC 27inch processor, which one for me?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by sstez, Jan 3, 2010.

1. sstez macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have been wanting to join the mac scene :apple::apple::apple:for a long time and contemplating the C2D vs the i5 for a very long time

I will be using the iMAC for internet surfing and word processing (lets be honest even a pentium can do that) but my problem comes from world of warcraft. I need to make sure that the iMAC plays the games smoothly and hopefully the new expansion pack which is to be released.

for this reason if I buy the C2D version I would upgrade the Graphics card anyways so the difference between the 2 for me comes down to £100(i get student discount :))

Soo basically, fromt he activities I described would I benefit from spending the extra £100 or will it be a total waste?

Thanks for any help :D.

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

If its only £100 then you might as well get the i5. It should last better than a C2D, as in its more future proof.

3. JimDut macrumors member

4. tomacintosh macrumors regular

The i5 is probably worth the £100 extra, but then you have the question, do I go with the i7! That was my problem, and I ended up getting the top end model!

Nice video of the i7 iMac running WoW maxed out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GFPSFMzu3c

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

c2d

its stupid to buy more than you need...its an expensive habit

fwiw, my cd mb from 2006 is still very adequate as my main comp

Apple's perfect customer:p

Gotta resist giving into to those incremental upgrades

6. tomacintosh macrumors regular

Tell me about it :D