Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ollywoood88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2014
Hi Guys,

I have just brought an I7 IMac 27inch and I love it.

I still have an Apple Cinema Display 23 inch monitor but I was going to sell it and go for a Dell Ultrasharp 2414h. However reading elsewhere I have read people still prefer the cinema display over the u2414h.

1st question would be what are peoples opinions on this? Have you used the 2414h Monitor?

2nd question is If I keep the Cinema display how do I connect it to my Imac 2013 I am confused what connection I need.

Thank you in advanced.

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
Hi Guys,

I have just brought an I7 IMac 27inch and I love it.

I still have an Apple Cinema Display 23 inch monitor but I was going to sell it and go for a Dell Ultrasharp 2414h. However reading elsewhere I have read people still prefer the cinema display over the u2414h.

1st question would be what are peoples opinions on this? Have you used the 2414h Monitor?

2nd question is If I keep the Cinema display how do I connect it to my Imac 2013 I am confused what connection I need.

Thank you in advanced.

I'm not sure what ports your ACD uses, but normally, you would either need a DVI-mDP adapter or an mDP cable.

eduardrw

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2013
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.