iMac 2tb Shipping Delays (A Question)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by gswilder, Dec 2, 2011.

1. gswilder macrumors regular

Due to the Thailand flooding, today Apple starting showing 5-7 weeks for delivery on BTO iMacs with 2tb drives.

I ordered a 27" iMac this past Sunday with the 2tb drive. At the time, it said 3-5 day shipping. Currently my order is in "preparing for shipment". It has been in this status for 2 days now. The delivery date has not changed and is still showing Delivery of December 6-8th.

Based on your experiences with Apple, do you think mine:apple: got "built", before the delay hit? Does preparing for shipment mean it is built and just waiting to go out the door?

Thanks in advance...

Greg

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Sounds like you ordered in time, the delay probably only affects machines ordered after the shipping change to 5-7 weeks.

3. gswilder thread starter macrumors regular

Hope So

Thanks ZWhaler. I hope it got built before the delay hit. I have found Apple to be pretty accurate in their shipping/delivery estimates. Usually they come early.

Will keep everyone updated.

Greg

----------

Literally 10 mins after I posted this, I got a shipping notice from Apple. Guess I made it in under the wire.

----------

Literally 10 mins after I posted this, I got a shipping notice from Apple. Guess I made it in under the wire.

4. dizmonk macrumors regular

I think you probably did get in on time. I just got mine today with the 2TB drive.

5. gswilder thread starter macrumors regular

WooHoo