iMac 2tb Shipping Delays (A Question)

gswilder

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
Due to the Thailand flooding, today Apple starting showing 5-7 weeks for delivery on BTO iMacs with 2tb drives.

I ordered a 27" iMac this past Sunday with the 2tb drive. At the time, it said 3-5 day shipping. Currently my order is in "preparing for shipment". It has been in this status for 2 days now. The delivery date has not changed and is still showing Delivery of December 6-8th.

Based on your experiences with Apple, do you think mine:apple: got "built", before the delay hit? Does preparing for shipment mean it is built and just waiting to go out the door?

Thanks in advance...

Greg

Zwhaler

macrumors demi-god
Jun 10, 2006
Sounds like you ordered in time, the delay probably only affects machines ordered after the shipping change to 5-7 weeks.

gswilder

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
Hope So

Thanks ZWhaler. I hope it got built before the delay hit. I have found Apple to be pretty accurate in their shipping/delivery estimates. Usually they come early.

Will keep everyone updated.

Greg

----------

Literally 10 mins after I posted this, I got a shipping notice from Apple. Guess I made it in under the wire.

----------

Literally 10 mins after I posted this, I got a shipping notice from Apple. Guess I made it in under the wire.

dizmonk

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2010
I think you probably did get in on time. I just got mine today with the 2TB drive.

gswilder

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
WooHoo

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.