Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrBattle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2007
I know the late 2006 models had a mxm problem. But after installing bootcamp im getting a problem whenever i start windows before anything starts it says "error: mxm structure missing or not found" and then it says it will run at slower performance and then starts windows. Windows loads and everything seems to work, but I have a feeling its running slower than it should. Anyone else having this problem?

SneakerFreak

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2007
I had exactly the same problem - windows starts to copy all the files but i then get a disk error and cannot continue.

Sometimes when starting the XP install i get a blank screen and flashing cursor

Can you detail the steps you took - that was at least i can get XP running

Thanks

cherry su

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2008
if enough people told apple about this, maybe they will release a patch for windows to fix the problem?

judakubassek

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2008
The Solution

Alright everyone, I believe I've found our only options. According to the Apple expert support fellow, there are only two ways to fix the MXM error:

1. Download and run the MXM 1.0 Update found at this link: http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/imacmxmupdate10.html

2. If that doesn't work (which is apparently quite likely), then the final and sure fix is to take your iMac to an Apple Authorized Service Provider (to find one in your area, call 1-800-263-3394) and have them replace the NVIDIA 8800 GS video card.

End of problem. Thanks so much to all who joined in this quest, and God bless.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.