iMac 3TB non fusion: Amazing!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by JLMac, Jan 12, 2013.

1. JLMac macrumors newbie

Just unboxed my new iMac 27''. I've got the 3TB HD, 8GB ram with an i7 processor. I guess I don't know what I'm missing not having fusion, but this thing is CRAZY fast! It is virtually silent and astonishingly beautiful to look at. (Both the screen and the form.) I'm glad I saved the money not getting fusion. I put that toward a new iPad so it all made sense for my situation. Just wanted to post to let folks know what the non fusion iMac was like. I will post more as time goes on. For now, I am just blown away!!

2. ezramoore macrumors 6502a

Glad to hear you're so happy! SSD or Hybrid drives make a big difference, so when you feel the urge to upgrade, don't hold back!

Congrats!

3. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

It's great that you are happy and patting yourself on the back, but you won't find anyone who has an SSD (hybrid or otherwise) who is regretting the added cost. SSD makes a regular hard drive look like a dinosaur.

4. JLMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Not patting myself on the back; just wanted to share. Not everyone is in a competition. Just wanted to share my experiences with others who may have purchased the non fusion drive iMac. That is all. I've learned a lot reading posts in this forum from those who share their experiences–– good and bad, I was just doing the same.

5. Dduval macrumors regular

JLMac,

Congrats on your purchase! And thanks for sharing...lots of us like to read people's enthusiasm about their new toys. ;) enjoy my friend...

6. Zav macrumors member

The way I see it. The fact you are happy without an SSD inside your machine is ace. It leaves you the option at a later date if your machine begins to get sluggish or if you just get the urge as an earlier post said.

If you get it all as factory, where can you go if you want to upgrade or update later on? :D

7. MasterHowl macrumors 65816

MasterHowl

People are so hostile these days on these forums, jeez...

8. stockcerts macrumors 65816

It sounds like this post is more about being happy about not having fusion, rather than being happy with the new Mac itself :confused:

My iMac is on order, with fusion drive.

9. Mac32 macrumors 6502a

Congrats! Enjoy your iMac, it's a great computer! :)