iMac 4850 issues resolved for the most part?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Luba, May 28, 2009.

  1. Luba macrumors 6502a

    Luba

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2009
    #1
    Hi, I know only people who have problems post here and we don't hear from satisfied users, but the 4850 freezing issue seem to be quite systematic. Would you all say the Apple update has fixed that? From past history, one poster said an update typically fixes something like 90% of the issues then another update 6 or so months later fixes the remaining 10%. Is that the case with the current 4850s?

    Also heard about bluetooth problems connecting with the wireless mouse and keyboard.

    I'd simply upgrade to the Mac Pro with the 4870, but I've read they are, although much less, having issues too. I think the issue is regarding drivers too.

    In terms of which computer is right for me, I'd say the power of the iMac 4850 is appropriate, and the MP a bit overkill, but I would grow into it over the years.

    Hmm, I wonder if it's better to keep a MP long term or buy iMac's more frequently?? :)
     
  2. PurdueBio macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2009
    #2
    From what I have seen on here, the problem with freezing is resolved...I actually just purchased a 4850 iMac about 6 minutes ago and I am not worried about problems.

    The wireless MM stuff is hit or miss
     
  3. definitive macrumors 68000

    definitive

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2008
    #3
    i got my imac about a week ago and the fix was already implemented. the os x was 10.5.6 though, so i had to download .7 combo, and everything installed fine, along with the other updates.
     
  4. Tom Dahl macrumors member

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2009
    Location:
    Massachusetts USA
    #4
    It seems like the freezing problem is resolved, based on the lack of complaints about if on this forum for the past few weeks.

    For what it's worth, I received my 3.06 GHz / 4850 iMac on April 10th, and I've never had a freeze.
     
  5. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

    Bill Gates

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2006
    Location:
    127.0.0.1
    #5
    My iMac was freezing constant before the fix. Since I applied it, it hasn't frozen once.
     
  6. hoonu macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2008
    Location:
    Orange County, CA
    #6
    I received my iMac a week ago (and JUST missed the back to school promo) and I haven't had 1 freeze. 2.93 w/ 4850. Tho I don't use WiFi... thats until I can get a N router. Anyone have any suggestions?
     
  7. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

    Bill Gates

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2006
    Location:
    127.0.0.1
    #7
    The fix has already been applied pre-consumer. What suggestions do you want? :confused:
     
  8. hoonu macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2008
    Location:
    Orange County, CA
    #8
    I wasn't complaining about the fix... :confused:
     
  9. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

    Compile 'em all

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2005
    #9
    Your username seems very fitting now. :p
     
  10. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

    jmpage2

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2007
    #10
    I think he is looking for suggestions about the Router he wants to get. He just didn't articulate it very well, what with the falling standards in schools, attack of the C.H.U.D.S, etc.
     
  11. hoonu macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2008
    Location:
    Orange County, CA
    #11
    Silly me for expecting people to keep up... what was I thinking? :eek:
     

Share This Page