iMac 5K LED Bleed Accepteble?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by codeoncoke, Dec 2, 2014.

1. codeoncoke macrumors newbie

Hey guys, My iMac 5k just arrived after an Odessa of whaiting, terror and emotions. Now i expected LED bleed, but i gotta say just from the sheer amount of waiting I'm reluctant to return it. I must note that i paid it in euro so it translates into 4700usd.

I gotta say that is not visible at normal use only when watching movies really. I tried the 4k Interstellar Trailer and i could spot those white patches at the top.
    Its clearly a case of the airbubles pushing the layer out or something. I tried to massage it and it actually worked abit. It spead the light bit and its less visible on the top. What do you guys say, return or not?

Here are the specs and speeds.

Gonna Test it now in Keyshot

Attached Files:

2. codeoncoke thread starter macrumors newbie

3. WilliamG macrumors G3

4. codeoncoke thread starter macrumors newbie

I just installed the entire Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection in under 10minutes. Jesus Christ...

5. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

Congrats on your new iMac. I'll think you'll find it to be a great machine. As for the backlight bleed, just know that every single one has some and you should get used to it in due time.

6. tatty27 macrumors 6502

tatty27

I thought something was wrong with the install files, Illustrator took less than a min :eek: :D

----------

My screen has some led bleed at the top but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I thought my old monitor was pretty good until I hooked it up to this baby, now I can't bear to use my old monitor it looks so bad.

7. codeoncoke thread starter macrumors newbie

Attached Files:

8. WilliamG macrumors G3

A lot of us highly recommend the OWC Thunderbay 4 (from this thread), myself included, if you need 4-drive storage.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1808641

9. codeoncoke thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks :) def taking a look at it, looks pretty good. Wonder if a normal 7200rpm 3tb disk doesn't become the bottleneck. lol

10. WilliamG macrumors G3

Of course it does. That's why many of us RAID them. :) The enclosure is capable of over 1.3GBps (yes, Gigabytes). :)