iMac 5K Retina vs. rMBP

Discussion in 'iMac' started by LachlanEvans, Jan 5, 2015.

1. LachlanEvans macrumors newbie

Someway or another I ended up having to bring my gaming PC to work. I have nothing to use at home now. My question to anyone willing to help is:

Is the current version (as of today 1/5/2015) of the MBP or iMac going to be shockingly disappointing compared to my PC (I know it's not the most earth shattering gaming pc ever)?

My PC:
    CPU: Intel i3770K 3.5ghZ
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560Ti
    Mobo: Asus Z77 Sabertooth
    Case: Coolermaster Haf X
    RAM: 16gb
    Monitor: BenQ XL2420T

I do not use photoshop or do any kind of editing whatsoever. I will be using it purely for work which has pretty much no strain on the CPU nor GPU (I'm a writer) and then WoW: Warlords of Draenor. That's it.

In that regard, should I wait for an update since I've already made it into 2015? If so, which one? The rMBP or riMac? I like the obvious portability of the rMBP but is the riMac going to be better for WoW? Thank you so much.

2. UniDoubleU macrumors regular

UniDoubleU

Both will run WoW fine. Both are delightful. But I recommend taking your Gaming PC home and take the rMBP a to work. That way you have a desktop and a portable. Yes, the iMac will be better for WoW. The top end is significantly faster than your Gaming PC but in day-to-day operations you'll enjoy a MBP more. Just get the base 15 inches. As a writer I'm sure you'll love the sharp texts on Retina displays.