Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

n0id

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2008
I've been trying to find comparisons but could use some assistance from the macrumors people!

I want to move over to an imac, but currently use a custom built PC with a geforce 560 ti 448 core vid card.

From what i can tell, the 780m in the imac is better, but i cant get a firm grasp on HOW much better (both in mac and bootcamp'd windows).

Anyone have an idea? my guess is roughly 25% better....does that sound right?

Tjosansa

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2013
I've been trying to find comparisons but could use some assistance from the macrumors people!

I want to move over to an imac, but currently use a custom built PC with a geforce 560 ti 448 core vid card.

From what i can tell, the 780m in the imac is better, but i cant get a firm grasp on HOW much better (both in mac and bootcamp'd windows).

I guess u talk about speed.
Better in my world is alot of things.. For example.. a dead quiet computer when playing games on it on ultra settings.

I got the 780m card.. If you want me to try something for u i may try.

silvetti

macrumors 6502a
Nov 24, 2011
Poland
I guess u talk about speed.
Better in my world is alot of things.. For example.. a dead quiet computer when playing games on it on ultra settings.

I got the 780m card.. If you want me to try something for u i may try.

Do you have BF3 or 4 ?

n0id

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2008
I was really just looking for an guess on overall performance compared to the card i currently have (560 ti 448 core).

I didnt need specific games FPS, because i probably dont play /have the games you are going to test with (BF4 for example, i don't play it).

If anyone has more experience in the video card universe, i'd love to hear what you think!

silvetti

macrumors 6502a
Nov 24, 2011
Poland
I was really just looking for an guess on overall performance compared to the card i currently have (560 ti 448 core).

I didnt need specific games FPS, because i probably dont play /have the games you are going to test with (BF4 for example, i don't play it).

If anyone has more experience in the video card universe, i'd love to hear what you think!

GTX 780M - 3DMark GPU Score: 7440
GTX 560ti 448 cores - 3DMark GPU Score: 5800

So I guess you can say that 780m is better than 560ti :)

http://community.futuremark.com/hardware/gpu/NVIDIA+GeForce+GTX+780M/review
http://community.futuremark.com/hardware/gpu/NVIDIA+GeForce+GTX+560+Ti+448/review

lowdownshame

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2010
here's another benchmark reference ---> 780m score is a good 20% faster than 560ti

Code:
[URL="http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html"]http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html[/URL]

Irishman

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2006

I think 25% better is probably a bit conservative, personally. There was a huge improvement in going from the old 5 series (which you have in your 560 TI) to the 6-series Kepler GPUs. From what I've heard, the 7-series GPUs are coming in at about 20-30% faster than the 6 series!

You'll be pleased, I think.

Tjosansa

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2013
Can you try BF4 with high settings, no AA, native res and check min/avg/max fps ? :D

Multiplayer 64 server :D

I would be extremely thankful :D

Is there a special way to do it?
I have played on those specs and i got 40 fps average
Top fps is above 50
lowest fps i get i think is just under 30..

silvetti

macrumors 6502a
Nov 24, 2011
Poland
Is there a special way to do it?
I have played on those specs and i got 40 fps average
Top fps is above 50
lowest fps i get i think is just under 30..

What about 1080p, no AA, high settings ?

I was hoping to get something with high settings with around 60fps average at least :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.