iMAC A1225

Discussion in 'iMac' started by appliepie, May 4, 2013.

1. appliepie macrumors newbie

Hello techies,

I just bought a second hand iMAC A1225 Core 2Dua, but it didn;t have any OSX installed it shows a white screen with a folder blink.

I need your advice what should i do, whether i need to purchase a new OSX or is there any way to boot and install the OS.

Thanks.

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

That's the one with the 8800 GPU right? I'm not sure which version it shipped with, lets see:

It looks like SL would be okay....I'm not sure about Lion or ML. Your best bet is to call Apple and ask....They can supply the correct media ( at a price) and advise if you can run ML on it....Maybe Lion, give them a call.

3. appliepie thread starter macrumors newbie

Yah i think its come with a SL, for Apple assistance it required $$$....
    I am just wondering iMAC must come with the SL if the CD lost there should be some way to install it.

4. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

If the iMac came with Snow Leopard then you will need to purchase Snow Leopard.

Best bet would be to speak to Apple and ask what version of OS X it was originally brought with (this advice will only cost the price of a phone call) and then go an purchase it.

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

As both stridematt and I posted..call Apple. It won't cost you anything to find out. The cost will come in when you buy SL from them, and since it's no longer available for DL the disks from Apple are your only real option...Won't cost a fortune, but I'd check that optical drive works first.