iMac acting weird

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by madfresh, Oct 19, 2007.

1. madfresh macrumors regular

After I put my iMac to sleep and then come home my iMac starts to act weird. Whenever I try to open Safari, Adium, or any other program it opens up the finder. I also noticed that when I press on the space bar Spotlight opens up. Nothing seems to work correctly, even if I go to google and search for something then click a link it opens up the link in a new tab. It seems as if something is always hitting the command key. I'm not sure exactly what's going on. To actually fix the problem I would have to restart the iMac. Has anyone else had this problem before or know a way to fix it?

2. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Restart the iMac.:confused:

3. madfresh thread starter macrumors regular

I do restart it, but I don't want to keep restarting it every time. I want to actually find a solution to this problem.

4. Southern macrumors regular

Southern

I haven't had this issue at all, but I would perhaps get all the system apps. After that, check what third-party apps you are running when you put it to sleep and do some testing to see if you can narrow down what is causing it (if you can).

5. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

You didn't say you already restarted it once.
    So this happens every time you boot ?

I'd say hook up a different keyboard and see if it still happens.If it doesn't it's likely your keyboard.

6. madfresh thread starter macrumors regular

It has happened a few times after I woke it up.

EDIT: I don't think it's the keyboard because I turned the keyboard off and the problem still occurred.