iMac advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by leemkule, Sep 4, 2009.

1. leemkule macrumors newbie

I was recently thinking about upgrading my 2008 macbook pro to a unibody mbp, but I have suddenly had a change of heart. I was locked into the thought process that 'student = laptop' but due to the nature of the course I do, majority of my studying is on paper and I have very little need to have my laptop on me during the day. So I am now considering getting an 24' iMac and keeping my current macbook pro for any portability requirements that crop up.

With that said, is it wise to go ahead and buy an iMac currently? According to the buyers guide it isn't a good time to buy one unless it's required but is there really going to be any huge updrade/body redesign any time soon? If anyone could give me some advice on this that would be great.

2. iSlave macrumors 6502

As I'm sure others on here would advise you, if you absolutely need an iMac right this very second and you can't wait any longer - buy now. However, if you can wait, it'd be stupid not to. The iMac is due an update shortly, and you'll undoubtedly get a better machine for the same money if you just hang on a while longer.

No design changes, presumably, but definitely a spec bump. And maybe Blu-Ray? Matte screen? hehe....

If only...
    :apple: