iMac Airport Problems

Discussion in 'iMac' started by covertsurfer, Dec 19, 2008.

1. covertsurfer macrumors 6502a

I have posted in a thread previously about Airport dropping its connection every minute but have not had many responses, some but no fixes.

I am now running 10.5.6 which I hoped may have helped but is anyone else having these problems and is there a way to diagnose it. Are there log files etc?

If it isn't that common then is there something I can do on my machine to detect what is going on, it is really starting to annoy me.

I have made the switch and along with gradient issues and a broken DVD drive and now this I am not too impressed with "every just works" on a Mac.

Thanks for your help

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

There are log files you can access by opening up the Console utility. On the left hand side will be links to several different files including your system.log and a few others. I'm no expert on reading them but there may be others on the forum who can interpret. You can also run the Apple Hardware Test but I forget if it tests the AirPort card. I didn't see your other post so I don't know any specifics. Another thing to consider is the router or modem you're using. Any firmware updates available for either one? Any resets/power cycles done? Any other computers affected by the intermittent connection?