iMac Alarm Clock!

dsharits

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2004
Plant City, FL
StarbucksSam said:
I've seen ones that look a LOT more like iMacs than that and they aren't rare at ALL. Who are they kidding?
I see those everywhere! They're the ones that have the mouse and keyboard as controls, and they are actually the real Blueberry, right?

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
Texas
dsharits said:
I see those everywhere! They're the ones that have the mouse and keyboard as controls, and they are actually the real Blueberry, right?
No, those are different ones, but I know which ones you're referring to because I've seen them at Spencers within the past year. These (the one in the auction) were made by Timex and don't have a mouse or keyboard for controls. Timex was threatened by Apple legal back in the day (in the year 2000 if my memory serves me correctly) and were forced to pull these from store shelves, so they are fairly rare. They made them in Blueberry, Strawberry, Grape and Lime before they were pulled. The blueberry clock is the least rare of the 4 they made.

MacCheetah3

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2003
Sauk Rapids, MN
Hi
I have one of those with the keyboard and mouse [as controls] that is a calculator, radio, and clock / alarm. Get tons of compliments on it to. Got it off eBay "back in the day"

ScottDodson

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2003
Chicago
I've got about 3 of those little iMac clone clocks. Not the Timex one of course, but from different companies (I'm a sucker for buying cheap apple knock off things)

They are hilarious sitting next to my other real iMacs...I smell a photo coming on...

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
I've been looking, iRooster looks like a good choice. So far I've successfully tested it waking from sleep. One problem is that if itunes isn't open when you go to sleep AND you left quit itunes in the music store, then when it wakes from sleep itunes won't be able to connect to the music store which will halt the alarm due to itunes's error popup.

http://www.sixdollarchimp.com/irooster.php

dsharits

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2004
Plant City, FL
jared_kipe said:
Can you make a mac wake from sleep and start playing a playlist at a particular time easily?
You can't make it do playlists, but you can make it open any file, so it is quite easy to have it play single songs. For whole playlists, yes iRooster is the best thing.

dsharits

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2004
Plant City, FL
jared_kipe said:
how would you make it do it then?
Now you've made me curious. It's been a while since I've played with iRooster, but I'm pretty sure it's possible. I'll let you know if I get it to work.

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
I didn't mean in iRooster, your earlier post made me think that normal OSX could wake and start playing a song at a designated time.

dsharits

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2004
Plant City, FL
jared_kipe said:
I didn't mean in iRooster, your earlier post made me think that normal OSX could wake and start playing a song at a designated time.
Oh, I see. Yeah, I don't know of any way to do that in OS X. I cal only allows you to open one file at a time.