Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Calisi*

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
Down under land
So I heard the new 2012 iMac is sharper than the older generations and almost compared to a retina display.. is this true? :confused:

roverma

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2012
The Netherlands
So I heard the new 2012 iMac is sharper than the older generations and almost compared to a retina display.. is this true? :confused:
Pixel density is the same as my old 2009 iMac, BUT subjective this new screen is indeed sharper. It will have something to do with the antiglare and the fact that the "gap btween the glas and the actual lcd is'nt there anymore
If i compare the lettering in safari on the 2009 model and my new 2012 27 inch it looks sharper on the new one.......but it is not retina yet......
Color accuracy is better too.
My 2 cents.......

Rob

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Pixel density is the same as my old 2009 iMac, BUT subjective this new screen is indeed sharper. It will have something to do with the antiglare and the fact that the "gap btween the glas and the actual lcd is'nt there anymore
If i compare the lettering in safari on the 2009 model and my new 2012 27 inch it looks sharper on the new one.......but it is not retina yet......
Color accuracy is better too.
My 2 cents.......

Rob

I'd agree, the anti glare does make a difference which I picked up right away co Inge from a 2011 27" to a new one...more definition...retina it's not, but there is certainly an improvement

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.