Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

takeabyteoutta

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
excuse me? you told many people there wouldnt be an update till wwdc and then backtracked.. i only qutoed one of your posts, you actually said it many times

lmao idioso are you really that naive? i explained my position fully before and you choose to ignore it

smoking monkey

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2008
I HUNGER
lmao idioso are you really that naive? i explained my position fully before and you choose to ignore it

From the way i see it, you explained you position many times on this thread and thanks the mac-gods I chose to ignore it!

So come on mate. it's all good. this has been a good thread and you have contributed some good stuff to it. You stuffed up. leave it at that and leave the name calling for other forums.

Let's just be happy with our new computers.

treasurefinder

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2008
yes i think they are still working on the implementation of the chip into their imac design. There are alot of things that come into a product revision or development. Your not going to see a totally different CPU type all of a sudden. It is going to be rolled out with more substantial changes than what makes sense at this given timeframe for apple.

lol Common sense just seems to escape some speculators out there

its funny how people gloat in hindsight

treasurefinder

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2008
It seems pretty likely the iMac won't be updated for atleast a month now, and it seems more likely they'll wait for Montevina in approximately 2-3 months. Hopefully we'll see a price cut in the mid-term, but that seems unlikely.

that was feb 26 when he posted this, and exactly 2 months and 1 day later, the montie mac dropped (feb only had 29 days this year). I'd say he was dead on lol. only thing is, it's not the montevina platform, lol

Word Warrior

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2007
Bromsgrove, Worcestershire UK
Well you can all rest assured that Apple will be announcing the new iMacs tomorrow as my clothes dryer just died and I had to cough up a grand for a new one. <sigh>
Wow, what a coincidence!
My dishwasher upper spray arm fell off!!!!
Guess what, new one only 35 quid (that's 35 of your English pounds for you guys across the pond)
meanwhile after ordering online fixed old one with a squirt of super glue (£2.00)

The upshot? I can still afford a new iMac:):):):):):):):):):):):)

badcrc32

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2007
Mine Shipped

I ordered Monday morning, custom 3.06 1tb hb wireless mouse, keyboard....Shipped on the 29th...Can hardly wait:p

Apr 30, 2008 9:43 AM

Departed FedEx location

SACRAMENTO, CA

4:27 AM

Arrived at FedEx location

SACRAMENTO, CA

Apr 29, 2008 6:48 PM

Picked up

SAN JOSE, CA

treasurefinder

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2008
lol based on what you said, you were expecting penryn chips with 800 mhz fsb, same as the recent chips in the updated MB and MBPs, not the 1066mhz fsb penryn based processors that are essentially montevina stripped of the wiMax support, and reading back, no one was expecting merom in the update either, although macattackmac did post this;

99.9% sure about monday. with core2duo @3.06 ghz & 512 graph. card!! that's what it's gonna be. cannot wait really

which turned out to be quite accurate. However, he said nothing about the 1066mhz fsb or montevina, and the only 3.06 ghz chip available at the time was based on merom, so this rumor got pegged as false. it does however make you wonder where this newbie got his/her info.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.