iMac always falling off network

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Soundhound, May 22, 2008.

1. Soundhound macrumors 6502a

I have my iMac always on, serving up our big iTunes library to our wireless network around the house. It seems to fall off the network fairly regularly, every few days or so. I have the newer Airport extreme and several Airport expresses (not the latest ones) connected to stereos in different rooms of the houses.

But this has always happened, for a year or so. Anyone know what it might be? thanks!

2. Babooshka macrumors 6502

Babooshka

Ive kind of got the same problem. My iMac just drops off the wireless network in my house. What ISP are you with?

3. Soundhound thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tim Warner Cable. But does it have anything to do with the ISP? this I would think is just Airport/Mac newwork trouble.

4. balk macrumors member

Maybe it's interference from a wireless home phone or microwave? Try switching to another channel.

5. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

well all my wireless ones were since i have a weak dlink router, so basically i just made more computers wired ps3 and crappy pc laptop and so my macbook and brothers imac dont fall off so often if that helps, it was at a point where it was like every 10 mins

6. Soundhound thread starter macrumors 6502a

??