Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lifeline

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2009
I bought a Guardian MAXimus hard drive and it seemed to be working fine for the past few weeks. Now all of sudden when starting my Imac 27 I7 the grey screen takes a long time then it get stuck on the blue screen and stays like that. Some times after being on the blue screen it will goto the main page but it takes 3-5 min if it does. When it gets stuck, if I unplug the firewire from the back of the computer from the hard drive it boots up. Any thoughts, their tech support wants me to send the unit back with out doing any testing at home to see what the problem is, seems like a pain in the butt.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Unplug the external HD and try booting then. Might be your internal HD is a monday version or some system files are corrupted.

Let me know does that help so I can give you more advice

lifeline

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2009
It does not get stuck on the blue screen when ext. hard drive is not plugged in. It takes about 40seconds to boot up fully. Let me know what I should do next. Can it be a bad port, wire or is it that hard drive? It worked fine until a couple of days ago.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
It does not get stuck on the blue screen when ext. hard drive is not plugged in. It takes about 40seconds to boot up fully. Let me know what I should do next. Can it be a bad port, wire or is it that hard drive? It worked fine until a couple of days ago.

Try plugging it in after booting and see does it even work

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.