iMac and dust?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by stevo8, Mar 12, 2009.

1. stevo8 macrumors 6502

I'm going to be ordering a 2.8 iMac tonight when I get home, and was wondering how the live in a dusty enviorment? I live on a ranch, in a 100+ year old house with pets. I have had a mbp for about 4yrs now and I just keep some dustoff handy for under the keyboard and such. Wondering if that's the same general concept with the iMac? Also for the monitor is regular glass cleaner fine? I use a microfiber and optical lens spray for the mbp should I use that on the iMac as well or will a paper towel and windex be fine? TIA

2. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

I use Windex and a paper towel for my iMac screen. I have the model that was the current model a month ago. I've been using Windex and a paper towel for about a year with no problems. When wiping down the screen, you are wiping glass, not the screen. The lens cleaner is fine too.

David

3. stevo8 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I just wasn't sure if there was any coatings on the screen or anything that might eventually wear off..

4. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

I think there is a gloss coat, but I think it's protected with another layer of glass over the coat. Nothing should wear off, I haven't had any problems.

David