iMac and Hotmail

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rexus31, Jan 15, 2012.

1. rexus31 macrumors newbie

I was attempting to upload docs to an email I was composing on Hotmail. Every time I would load the attachment it would tell me "Attachment has a bad Id Format". I have never experienced this. I experimented with other file types and got the same message. I composed and uploaded the docs on my PC laptop with no issues. Is it possible I have some sort of virus on my iMac?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

http://boardreader.com/thread/ATTAC...cg__871b53fb-6c55-422f-b52c-a2ee6c40beb7.html
    No, it's not possible, since none exist. Macs are not immune to malware, but no true viruses exist in the wild that can run on Mac OS X, and there never have been any since it was released 10 years ago. You cannot infect your Mac simply by visiting a website, unzipping a file, opening an email attachment or joining a network. The only malware in the wild that can affect Mac OS X is a handful of trojans, which cannot infect your Mac unless you actively install them, and they can be easily avoided with some basic education, common sense and care in what software you install. Also, Mac OS X Snow Leopard and Lion have anti-malware protection built in, further reducing the need for 3rd party antivirus apps.