iMac and low end macbook pro OR macbookpro

Discussion in 'iMac' started by easepease, Mar 12, 2010.

1. easepease macrumors regular

Well I am sure this or something like it has been asked a lot. I have a macbook pro core duo 2.16 with 2gb ram thats about 4 years old now... so it works but its near its end ( fan rattles, had one harddrive issue already). I use my mac for photo editing (hobby with nikon D40) and DJing (with ableton one of my jobs!) so I need a macbook for gigs at clubs. However as far as photos and the occasional video editing I always want a nice big display. So my first idea was a 1999 macbookpro with the 24 inch monitor, but now that I have learned the 27 inch imac lets you input video i am thinking that it may be a better deal for me to get a 13 inch macbook pro and a 27 inch imac. I mean its only $700 more for a badass computer and even bigger screen!!! and this would allow me to spend less on my macbook!

( I have a windows desktop I built myself with a 24 inch dell monitor (awesome monitor, but the color is just not as crisp and real as mac monitors when doing photo work) and i3 530 processor, its a nice machine but windows just is not stable enough for my tastes...)

Does this reasoning seem good? I mean the imac would allow me to leave my macbookpro in my bag and use it only for travel... and I also get a wirelss keyobard and mouse out of the deal. AND should i want to use my macbookpro I can just put it on the big display!!!

Ok I think you guys get the idea... anyway just wanted everyone elses 2 cents...

BTW I am waiting till they are updated before purchasing anything so there is time. Input would be awesome. thanks in advance!!!

2. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

If I were you I'd get a good MacBook Pro and a 24" ACD. That means you've got a MBP and a 24" desktop:cool: I might do that someday with my 13" MacBook Pro. Its pretty much like having a more expensive Mac mini that you can use as a laptop as well.:D

Good luck!