iMac and Mac mini shipping slipped today, update very soon???

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Apple Guy3, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Apple Guy3 macrumors newbie

Watched the iPhone 5 keynote today, and went and checked the apple store online (USA) for any silent upgrades and noticed all iMac models, and Mac Minis have slipped to 1-2 business days for shipping.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that usually mean an update very soon?

I can't wait for the new update, and have been antsy about it since nothing was announced at WWDC, pretty excited.

Let me know what ya'll think! :apple:

2. edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

Yes it does! iMacs are coming soon !

3. Reaktor5 macrumors 6502a

Reaktor5

Planes from China are crammed with iPhones and iPods, might explain it.

4. Dirtyharry50 macrumors 68000

Dirtyharry50

It could just mean a lot of people got tired of waiting and ordered iMacs now, thus creating some short delays.

5. edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

Dirtyharry don't come up to this thread to spread your BS you know the iMacs are coming, you just don't want to believe it. I bet when the new iMacs come out you will still say "oh those aren't real". You just gonna be crying because you won't have the latest thing anymore. No one is ordering iMacs in that amount that almost every reseller in the USA is running low including apple.

6. Dirtyharry50 macrumors 68000

Dirtyharry50

You have personally checked inventories nation wide and at Apple too have you? You sir, are a very industrious man!

I'm sorry but I have a right to my opinion too just as well as you do.

7. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

Both amazon and macmall are showing major shortages. I know Amazon does not get their stock shipped from China. I am not sure about macmall.

8. hamkor04 macrumors 6502

waiting since february, almost lost interest. donno maybe will keep my MBP 17 instead of waiting another sometime. hmm frustrated.
    BTW, i know not related. "doubled down security " ;)

9. edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

I don't think Mac mall does either. However something must be happening soon now that delivery dates are slipping. Oh god I can't won't till the wait it's finally over it's seems like the near future though

10. skierbri10 macrumors member

I got tired of waiting and my 24" 2008 iMac died my issue is that he computer was covered under a computer protection plan on my home insurance. The biggest problem for me is that I need to send in a receipt for a new computer purchase in a certain amount of time. Well time was getting short so today I ordered a 27" iMac. When I picked it up at the apple store the guy said they had a lot of them in back. The other conundrum I was in is that I will not be around to sign for it so I couldn't order a refurb. It was much easier to get it today then deal with shipping. Is it ideal? Nope but I figure in a couple of years I will sell it and then have a good chunk of cash to put towards whatever is out at that time. In an ideal world apple would tell us when they will announce it for certain and give me some leeway with the insurance company. However that is not how they work. Could I get along for a month on the computers I have, yep. Would the insurance company understand, not so much. I will be happy with what I have and know I will get something even better in a couple of years.

11. turtlez macrumors 6502a

turtlez

haha I know what you mean by losing interest. I was so hyped to get this unreleased iMac back in June and since then I have been starting to lose that impulse buy feeling. Unlucky for Apple and maybe lucky for me. I am really opening up my choices now. Even taking products outside of Apple a bit more seriously (non os x). Scary thought that. :apple:

12. sebastien19 macrumors newbie

don't think so even the macbook air slipped and they just got updated !

13. Gman021 macrumors regular

Lets get back on topic.

Do we think this will happen before October?

14. edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

Hmm I noticed that too also on MacBook pro and the Mac pro the same case. That's really really weird however we do know the iMacs are running low everywhere else wether is low on apple or no we now that when resellers are running Low means something's up and we the rumors coming up of the iMac being updated in October plus an October event ....idk I think we Seeing a lot of signs pointing to a new iMac coming up soon

15. hamkor04 macrumors 6502

i totally understand you
    perhaps, you can try nice Dell monitor with MBP, MBA. that is why im thinking about, and will save bag of money:D