iMac and Netbook vs Macbook/Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by i0Nic, Nov 29, 2008.

?

Which option?

1. iMac and Netbook

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Macbook/Pro

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Something else (please comment)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. i0Nic macrumors 65816

Hey guys, I bought a Macbook Pro recently and realise it's sitting on my desk most of the time. A bit too big and expensive to take with me everywhere, a smaller and cheaper computer that doesn't have all it's ports used in desktop replacement mode like my MBP would be easier to carry around.

The MBP is a bit too cumbersome to take with me, as it's always plugged in to screen/speakers/keyboard/mouse/peripherals etc and it's a bit big. However I would like the extra computing power for games, but for on the go all I need is web and mail.

I'm thinking I should've gone with an iMac 24" (it was being sold in the refurb store for a great price) and a decent netbook for taking with me or using on the couch.

What do you guys think regarding this? What would you get?

2. CashGap macrumors 6502

CashGap

I vote for the Macbook Pro and monitor.

At the same time as I switched to Mac, I switched to ONE computer (MBP) for desktop, portable, business and personal.

I don't like the four cables I dock every day, but I ***LOVE*** knowing that I have EVERYTHING with me when I grab the MBP.

When I had a desktop and laptop, it seemed I was alllllways synching something. Not to mention licensing issues for two copies of each app, and doing every update sequence TWICE... ugh.