iMac and Netbook vs Macbook/Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by i0Nic, Nov 29, 2008.

Which option?

1. iMac and Netbook

0 vote(s)
  2. Macbook/Pro

1 vote(s)
  3. Something else (please comment)

0 vote(s)
  1. i0Nic macrumors 65816

May 17, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Hey guys, I bought a Macbook Pro recently and realise it's sitting on my desk most of the time. A bit too big and expensive to take with me everywhere, a smaller and cheaper computer that doesn't have all it's ports used in desktop replacement mode like my MBP would be easier to carry around.

The MBP is a bit too cumbersome to take with me, as it's always plugged in to screen/speakers/keyboard/mouse/peripherals etc and it's a bit big. However I would like the extra computing power for games, but for on the go all I need is web and mail.

I'm thinking I should've gone with an iMac 24" (it was being sold in the refurb store for a great price) and a decent netbook for taking with me or using on the couch.

What do you guys think regarding this? What would you get?
  2. CashGap macrumors 6502

Sep 15, 2007
    Music City, USA
    I vote for the Macbook Pro and monitor.

At the same time as I switched to Mac, I switched to ONE computer (MBP) for desktop, portable, business and personal.

I don't like the four cables I dock every day, but I ***LOVE*** knowing that I have EVERYTHING with me when I grab the MBP.

When I had a desktop and laptop, it seemed I was alllllways synching something. Not to mention licensing issues for two copies of each app, and doing every update sequence TWICE... ugh.