Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jaber Alasfar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2020
Hi guys I have an issue with my iMac 2019

my iMac only sleep properly if

1- I use the sleep command = Command + option and Eject

2- power nap is OFF

if I leave it by itself it goes to sleep but the fans still working even if Power nap is OFF

any suggestions ?

dcmaccam

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2017
West Coast of Scotland
In System Preferences have you set the computer sleep time (I have mine set for 8min.) I have display sleep time set for 7min and have you unchecked Wake for network access.

Jaber Alasfar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2020
In System Preferences have you set the computer sleep time (I have mine set for 8min.) I have display sleep time set for 7min and have you unchecked Wake for network access.
thanks for the reply yes it is default 10 min and no I didn't uncheck wake for network access because i think this makes sleep mode useless, the strange thing is that it works when I use the command but by itself ( 10 min ) the fans still working

dcmaccam

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2017
West Coast of Scotland
If you don't uncheck wake for access it might stop the machine from sleeping. I would try unchecking this also check put hard disk to sleep when possible. try that so see if it makes any difference. You sure it is the fans running and not the hard disk.

Jaber Alasfar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2020
If you don't uncheck wake for access it might stop the machine from sleeping. I would try unchecking this also check put hard disk to sleep when possible. try that so see if it makes any difference. You sure it is the fans running and not the hard disk.
Thanks for the tips will try it , I'm not sure if it is the fans but when I wake up the iMac the temperature of cpu is high than idle roughly 50c

Jaber Alasfar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2020
Weird issue happened to my iMac it wakes up from sleep every Sunday morning
It doesn't make sense
Any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.