Imac and Wine trouble - i need some help

Discussion in 'iMac' started by kingznake, Mar 5, 2011.

1. kingznake macrumors newbie

Hey guys, Im sure Ive come to the right place when it comes to mac problems, so i thought id share one :)

I have tried to get Wine working today, with no luck.

Im not sure if whoever can help me will need the Full log, but here is the last section of it, It wouldn't let me post the whole thing, it was too long.
    I have installed x11, java and macports.

After about 45 minutes, it came back with this:
    Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure: shell command failed (see log for details)

Log:
    :info:configure configure: error: lib(n)curses 32-bit development files not found, curses won't be supported.
    :info:configure This is an error since --with-curses was requested.
    :info:configure shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_x11_wine/work/wine-1.2.2" && ./configure --prefix=/opt/local --without-alsa --without-audioio --without-capi --with-cms --with-coreaudio --with-cups --with-curses --without-esd --with-fontconfig --with-freetype --without-gphoto --with-glu --with-gnutls --without-gsm --without-hal --without-jack --with-jpeg --without-ldap --without-mpg123 --without-nas --without-openal --with-opengl --with-openssl --without-oss --with-png --with-pthread --without-sane --with-tiff --without-v4l --with-xcomposite --with-xcursor --with-xinerama --with-xinput --with-xml --with-xrandr --with-xrender --with-xshape --with-xshm --with-xslt --with-xxf86vm --with-x --x-include=/opt/local/include --x-lib=/opt/local/lib " returned error 1
    :error:configure Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure: shell command failed (see log for details)
    :debug:configure Backtrace: configure failure: shell command failed (see log for details)
    while executing
    "$procedure $targetname"
    :info:configure Warning: the following items did not execute (for wine): org.macports.activate org.macports.configure org.macports.build org.macports.destroot org.macports.install
    :notice:configure Log for wine is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_x11_wine/main.log[/I]

I hate looking at walls of code, so i understand if no one can help me, but i hate being trapped by Windows OS, I want it out of my life for good!
    Ill bake brownies for anyone who can help me :)

2. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

3. kingznake thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi there, yes everything is set up as it should be, not sure what the problem is.

I use crossover, but the software i want is known not to work with crossover, but works fine with Wine compiled with macports.

4. bernieismycat, Mar 6, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2011

bernieismycat macrumors newbie

I am trying to use wine for the first time, and I also ran into this problem. It appears to be a known bug in MacPorts, see this bug report. Given the recent activity on the bug report it appears that it is actively being worked on.

I was able to work around it by setting the configure parameter "--without-curses" as described in the bug report.

If you want to try that, do the following:

1. Edit the file /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/x11/wine/Portfile using the sudo command.
    2. Find the text --with-curses.
    3. Change it to --without-curses.
    4. sudo port clean wine
    5. sudo port install wine

This will build wine without curses. I have no idea what functionality will be lost as a result. So use this workaround at your own risk.

Hope that helps...