Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carfac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
I just got back from an Office Max, and I noticed wireless N Linksys routers and cards. I was wondering if these would work with what is in the new iMacs like mine. I know (at least the last time I looked) the "N" qualities were not enabled on the Apple side- anyone try something with the new rouiters and the XP/Vista side? Did it work... or not?

Thanks!
D

countach

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2006
I just got back from an Office Max, and I noticed wireless N Linksys routers and cards. I was wondering if these would work with what is in the new iMacs like mine. I know (at least the last time I looked) the "N" qualities were not enabled on the Apple side- anyone try something with the new rouiters and the XP/Vista side? Did it work... or not?

Thanks!
D

The N stuff would work with a router of the same brand as the apple component, but probably not of another brand. So it's better I think, if you can wait, to see when Apple enables the N functionality and buy an Apple N router, which in all likelyhood will be released early next year.

ajneuman

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2006
Leopard?

I've also heard the OS X Leopard will add support for Draft N. However, I do not think that the Linksys routers are supported on Masc. I was looking at the Linksys WRT350N which also includes functionality for a Network Storage Drive and It does not support Macs.

ajneuman

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2006
Leopard?

I've also heard the OS X Leopard will add support for Draft N. However, I do not think that the Linksys routers are supported on Masc. I was looking at the Linksys WRT350N which also includes functionality for a Network Storage Drive and It does not support Macs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.