iMac announcement on September 9th or later? Maybe?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by truckmount, Aug 9, 2015.

1. truckmount macrumors newbie

truckmount

Is Apple holding any other events after September 9th does anyone know?

We are in need of purchasing 2 new iMacs (21 inch models) but not sure if we should wait or not. I'd hate to buy two new ones and spend around 3K - then boom the new models come out next month or October/Nov.

Do you think Apple will make an announcement with the phones + el captain or?

2. aevan macrumors 68000

aevan

No one can tell for sure, but I think there will be a separate event for El Capitan + new Macs in October. Last year iOS 8 came in September and OS X Yosemite was released in October, for example. And I'm guessing it'll be new iPhones and new Apple TV in September, new iPads and Macs in October. But, as I said - no one knows for sure but Apple :)

3. colodane macrumors 6502a

colodane

Unless your Really Really need them right now, I would recommend holding off. Not sure 9 Sept is the date for new iMac, but most everyone expects that at least a new 21.5 inch (probably 4K display plus other changes) will be announced in Oct or Nov. Since you are in the market for 2 of them, I think you would ultimately be happier if you waited a couple more months.

4. loekf macrumors 6502

loekf

No, don't expect new iMacs on Sep 9.

Usually they are announced at the same event where they announce the new iPad lineup, so Oct is more likely. I expect the Sep 9 event to be fully dedicated to the new iPhone and new Apple TV... and maybe this long rumored streaming service.

5. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

No. Heck we don't even know if there will be a September announcement yet.

6. Cody1992 macrumors member

Definitely hold off until October/November if you don't need one right now.

7. AlifTheUnseen macrumors member

AlifTheUnseen

If you think you cannot wait 2 or 3 months - ask yourself: "Why didn't I buy the 2013 iMacs in Sep 2013? At least they were plusminus state-of-the-art-technology 600 days ago…". Yes, the current models were introduced in fall 2013.

And don't forget - Apple recently chopped off some configuration options (e.g. better GPUs) for the non-retina iMacs… they clearly show to all those who can read the signals to not buy them anymore…

So if there isn't an extremely good reason to buy 21" iMacs today, wait!

8. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

I'd put money on october/november, but not a lot.