Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mlody

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 11, 2012
Windy City
Does anyone have any experience with buying mac products from Costco on Costco Visa card? I am particularly interested in the warranty aspect of the purchase. Costco is offering AppleCare for most if not all Apple computers, but I am unsure how things stack up.

Standard Apple products have 1 year warranty on apple.com, but at Costco, it is my understanding that the products are covered for 2 years?

It is me, or the value of AppleCare is greatly diminished when getting an Apple Computer at Costco, since the warranty extension would only be 1 year?

What happens if I make a purchase using Costco Visa? By default Costco Visa adds another 2 years of warranty on top of the original warranty with a limit of 7 years.

What that said, what would happen if I purchase Apple computer + Apple Care with Costco Visa? Am I covered for 5 years? if I get the same computer without the Apple Care, am I covered for 4 years?

I appreciate any insight into this.

mikehalloran

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2018
The Sillie Con Valley
It depends on the product. Most have two prices — with and without Appleare. iOS devices are available with 2 year AppleCare only — no different than buying from Apple. Computers have 3-year available.

What are you seeing that’ different besides slightly lower prices?

mlody

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 11, 2012
Windy City
It depends on the product. Most have two prices — with and without Appleare. iOS devices are available with 2 year AppleCare only — no different than buying from Apple. Computers have 3-year available.

What are you seeing that’ different besides slightly lower prices?
I am sorry but you lost me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.