Imac/Applecare UK Unacceptable Solutions

Discussion in 'iMac' started by spacedoutmoomin, Apr 15, 2008.

1. spacedoutmoomin macrumors newbie

Yes this is my first post, please don't shoot me down.

I have had ongoing problems with my 17" iMac, lines down screen. Yes i know its common problem, but my machine is 9 months old.

Apple care have had 2 repairs on my machine which has taken 3.1/2 weeks in total, as well as me driving 200 miles round trip. i received my machine back for the second time this morning (on site repair) The problem is still there and the outer casing is all cracked and split, I call Applecare UK, after two hours they tell me that i shall have to take it i for repair again.

They have had two go's and have failed both times, and my machine has come back damaged, i am a University student with 4 weeks left in my final year, and i need the machine to do my work on. i cant go without the machine for another week while the repair it again.

Do you think this is acceptable?
    Any advice?
    Should i email Steve?

Cheers
    Joe

2. rolex54 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I definitly think this is unacceptable
    you should talk to the manager of the store
    Tell him to fix it very quickly or give you a computer that actually works

3. spacedoutmoomin thread starter macrumors newbie

i have talked to them about it, they say my only option is to get it repaired again.

4. zaney macrumors regular

If I recall correctly their policy is to replace the machine if the first two repair attempts fail. Try pointing that out to them.

5. samwise macrumors regular

If they still try to say repair, it might be worth contacting your local Citizens Advice Bureau and asking if something like the Sale of Goods Act 1979 might help you in this instance?

6. cw2k7 macrumors member

The Sale of Goods Act requires that any repairs/replacements are made without significant inconvenience and within a reasonable time for the consumer, if not damages can be claimed from the company. The claim is done via the Small Claims Court (they charge a small fee and don't require a solicitor).

It is strongly recommended that you contact the Citizens Advice Bureau who will be able to advise you of your rights and how to progress.

7. spacedoutmoomin thread starter macrumors newbie

i sent and email to Steve Jobs, which i found online. i didnt hope for much, more of a way t vent my anger towards apple.

2 days later a had a call from "executive customer relations" ad this morning the have ranged for me to go and pick up a brand new aliminium Imac from my local apple store, and send my old one back when i have moved all of my files over!

:D

the lovely lady on the end of the phone could not of done more to help me!

8. James17 macrumors 6502

Great outcome, however, you should have got this solution after it failed twice. It is clear that you have to contact management to get a suitable outcome which I have experienced in the past. Companies should recognize that if customers are going straight to management then there is something wrong at Customer Service level and act on it.

9. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Very true. I sincerely hope Apple takes note.

I'm thrilled for the OP though :D Not that you haven't paid for it via the hoops you've had to jump through.

10. AndyR macrumors 6502a

AndyR

Glad u got it sorted.

I'm having problems with my MBP where 1 of the dimms slots failed. Took it in to the Milton Keynes store 7 days ago and chased it today as its been the full 5-7 days they said.

Was told it has had 5 parts replaced and now is waiting for a replacement input output power connector as that is broke!! :eek: I said that wasn't the original fault and he didn't know what to say except they are waiting for parts as they only looked at it yesterday, so they had it for 6 days doing nothing!! He couldn't even give me an ETA on when it will be repaired!! GGGRRRRR!!

I said I will call back each day until its done, but so far not happy!!

My wifes Dell laptop died before xmas with a faulty onboard graphics. With the standard warranty an engineer was at our house the next day and repaired it!!!

This is my first bad experience with Apple and its not nice!